- Coupling is designed to minimize spillage and damage associated with pull away incidents.
- Typically used in ship-to-offshore platform and ship-to-ship product transfer operations
- Designed to be installed within a hose string where the coupling will have a length of hose attached to both sides
- Coupling automatically senses an excessive load, closes the valves and disconnects
- Release is executed when force causes bolts to break
- 316 Stainless Steel body
- FKM O-rings
- Also available in NPT Thread, BSP thread, DN Flange, 300# ASA Flange, Grooved Ends or any combination thereof. Consult Dixon for more information.
- Optional Non-closure Design available, consult Dixon for more information. The non-closure design is an economical alternative which allows the coupling to break away due to pull-away/drive-away incidents thus protecting piping systems and equipment. The design allows spillage of product in these instances due to the lack of valving in the coupling. Useful applications where non-hazardous product is being conveyed and where there are no environmental concerns.
How it works
- The safety break-away valve consists of two halves, each with a valve that has an O-ring seal. When the safety break-away couplings separate, it allows the valves to close. The two valves close rapidly, minimizing exposure to personnel and the environment.
- Safety break-away couplings have three external break bolts. In the case of axial tension all of the bolts take up the force corresponding to the break force on the hose with a safety margin.